Troy Lee Designs never found it easy to improve upon the class-leading design and functionality of their D2 helmet, but they made it happen. By integrating next-level safety devices and making efficient improvements, they raised the bar for head protection. Riders such as Brendan Fairclough, Aaron Gwin, Steve Peat, Brandon Semenuk and Cam Zink refuse to wear anything else when they ride.
TLD's D3 helmet has been rated the number 1 full face helmet 3 years in a row in Vital MTB's and Pinkbike's readers poll for 2013, 2014 and 2015.
There are plenty of features as you would expect from such a fantastic helmet, starting with the technologically advanced composite shell construction, through to the contoured 3D cheek pads that fit anatomically, purpose-built internal cavities for audio integration, quick-release cheek pads for emergency helmet removal and strategically placed interior chinbar shock pads for comfort and durability.
The features don't just stop there, the helmet also has a removable, washable padded liner with Coolmax™ and Dri-Lex™ moisture wicking materials, 20 high-flow intake and exhaust ports for maximum ventilation and full incremental sizing for greater range of fitment.
- Technologically advanced composite shell construction
- Digital wind tunnel-tested, aerodynamic shell design
- Revolutionary injection-moulded air intake system
- 20 high-flow intake and exhaust ports for maximum ventilation
- Added EPS and new headform shape for improved impact performance
- Full incremental sizing for greater range of fitment
- Deep EPS channelling for optimal airflow
- Strategically placed interior chinbar shock pads for comfort and durability
- Removable, washable padded liner with Coolmax™ and Dri-Lex™ moisture wicking materials
- Contoured 3D cheek pads fit anatomically
- Quick-release cheek pads for emergency helmet removal
- Purpose-built internal cavities for audio integration
- Titanium hardware for reduced weight
- Exceeds Bicycle Certifications: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078:2002+A1:2012 ASTM F1952-15, ASTM F2032-15, ASTM F2040-11
- Note: Not intended for use with motorised vehicles