Troy Lee Designs D3 Carbon MIPS Helmet - Mirage Grey
Next-level safety inspired by some of the biggest names to take to the bike. The D3 Carbon MIPS Helmet boasts a CV of Olympic and World Cup Gold and sets the benchmark for those looking to shred the halfpipe with the ultimate form of protection.
Born with many popular features sported by Troy Lee Design’s D2 Helmet, the D3 Carbon MIPS is the lid of choice for star names including Brendan Fairclough, Aaron Gwin and Cam Zink. Utilising a technologically advanced carbon fibre shell to offer unrivalled protection, functional improvements ensure your ride is the safest yet. The D3 has strategically placed interior chin bar shock pads to improve comfort and durability while the contoured cheek pads fit anatomically and release quickly in case of emergency.
The Ultimate Champion
Having graced the podium at the Olympics, World DH Series and the Redbull Rampage, winning gold at all three, the D3 Carbon MIPS' CV speaks for itself. It is extremely lightweight to improve comfort and performance while the incredible breathability of the lid ensures that you can shred morning, noon and night without having to worry about moisture build-up.
TLD’s impressive creation uses an aerodynamic shell design which has been digitally wind-tunnel tested. Ready to revolutionise the way we ride, it uses an innovative injection-moulded air intake system that works in tandem with 20 high-flow intake and exhaust ports to keep you cool at all times. Improving ventilation and with it comfort, the D3 also has a removable padded liner with coolmax™ and dri-lex™ moisture wicking materials.
One of the cosiest lids on the market, the D3 Carbon MIPS offers unrivalled comfort thanks to the contoured 3D cheek pads. With weight reduced via the titanium hardware, the new head foam shape not only feels good but doubles up the levels of protection alongside the eps. For improved impact performance, the impressive MIPS technology reduces rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.
What is MIPS?
- MIPS is a Brain Protection System
- Rotational motion can cause brain injuries
- The low friction layer allows a sliding movement of 10–15 mm, in all directions, reducing rotational motion to the brain during impact
- MIPS adds protection
- Technologically advanced carbon fibre shell construction
- MIPS brain protection system, reduces rotational forces to the brain in some types of crash scenarios
- Digital wind tunnel-tested, aerodynamic shell design
- Revolutionary injection-moulded air intake system
- 20 high-flow intake and exhaust ports for maximum ventilation
- Added eps and new headform shape for improved impact performance
- Full incremental sizing for greater range of fitment
- Deep EPS channelling for optimal airflow
- Strategically placed interior chin bar shock pads for comfort and durability
- Removable, washable padded liner with coolmax™ and dri-lex™ moisture wicking materials
- Contoured 3d cheek pads fit anatomically
- Quick-release cheek pads for emergency helmet removal
- Purpose-built internal cavities for audio integration
- Titanium hardware for reduced weight
- Includes 2 lightweight, streamlined visors and a helmet bag
- Exceeds bicycle certifications: CPSC 1203, EN 1078:2002+A1:2012 ASTM F1952-15, ASTM F2032-15, ASTM F2040-11
- Not intended for use with motorised vehicles