The Northwave Scorpius SRS MTB shoe is a great entry-level mountain bike shoe. Designed with Northwave’s Jaws carbon reinforced sole, multilayer thermowelded construction, and their SRS system, these shoes are strong and very durable.
- Jaws carbon reinforced sole: Made with thermoplastic material enriched with carbon powder and a natural rubber tread: get the lightest and the fastest with maximum grip even on descents.
- AirFlow System: It’s the Northwave ventilation system with large vents that lets your feet breathe: the lower vent channels air inside the sole, while the side vents guarantee a supply of fresh air.
- S.R.S. closing system: S.R.S. (Slim Ratchet System) is Northwave’s new micrometric buckle. Maximum closing precision, minimized size and weight. The mechanism follows the anatomic shape of the foot, to ensure the most comfortable fit, and is designed to ease the grasp even when riding. Forged in aluminum, it’s great for top resistance and ease of replacement.
- Multilayer thermowelded construction: New Multilayer construction: a light microfiber is coupled with somo large thermowelded mesh vent inserts at the same thickness of a traditional monolayer. The result: better comfort and reduced weight.
- Microinjected protections: Upper with microinjected reinforced protection to protect your feet from any injuries caused by branches or stones while out on the trails.
- Asymmetrical straps: The asymmetrical construction is another innovation of the collection. The central strap is moved to the center so as to follow the anatomy of the foot and reduce the pressure on the side area, because particularly sensitive. The straps have been lightened by all superfluous elements, presenting thinner thicknesses and discharged central areas, thereby maintaining maximum grip.
- Integrated heel system: The new unibody construction of the uppers allowed to integrate an efficient heel retention system inside the structure, without the need of external elements. Same efficiency, reduced weight.
- Performance Advanced Footbed: Ergonomic design: because you need to keep the perfect position when pedaling and you want comfort too.